Adverse Camber is one of the UK’s leading live literature and spoken word producers. We are seeking expressions of interest in an Associate Producer role from an experienced arts producer with a track record in Wales, able to work across touring and outreach / participatory contexts.
The role is focused on developing networks in Wales, initially focused around the Fourth Branch of the Mabinogi performance, but potentially expanding to the company’s wider work.
Adverse Camber aims to recruit either a freelance independent producer, or a Wales-based production company to join the partnership through the R&D period. Depending on the skills and offer the associate brings to the collaboration, the opportunity could involve:
- Participating in a residency week in North Wales (5 to 8 September 2016) in association with the visionary social enterprise Felin Uchaf, focused on exploring outdoor, site-specific, digital and outreach/participatory models for the eventual piece
- Feeding into marketing and audience development plans throughout the R&D period, including scheduled showcase events and performances
- Attending artistic development sessions, plus meetings with producer, artistic team
- Exploring possible touring models for the resulting piece, supporting fundraising, advocacy with Welsh programmers and partners – the market for this piece could include a mix of indoor, outdoor, theatre and rural spaces. It may also include a Welsh-language version
- Feeding into plans for development of the Associate Producer role
If you are interested in this role, please send us an email, up to 500 words, outlining what you feel you can bring to this opportunity and any questions you have about it, plus a current CV or company profile by Monday 20 June, 2016.
We aim to shortlist and meet potential candidates in North Wales or Cardiff from 22 to 24 June, 2016.
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01629 825108.
You can download the full Associate Producer Brief May 2016 here.